Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Surprise Breakfast Meeting

This week has been quite special for me because I got to go out of the house at least three times!  Yey!  Before you think I'm a loser, here are a few valid reasons why I almost never go out:
  1. I am pregnant with baby #2 and I was advised by my midwife to lessen activities (that obviously includes outdoor activities).
  2. I have a 6-month old baby, which makes it less easy for me to go to some place any time I want.
  3. I am a work-from-home mom.
So before I sound defensive, I'll end there.  But they do sound valid, don't they?

Anyways, I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.  While my husband and I never really celebrated it, it was quite special this year.  Well, he made it special. :)


Last Monday night, he told me that he will be having an early breakfast meeting at BGC with his former classmate.  He even told me how bizarre it was for him to meet this old classmate of his at our favorite supermarket--of all places.  His name was Rommel Diaz, a rich entrepreneur who used to live in Caloocan but moved to Pasig with his family; and now he's interested in Mon's business, and so the breakfast meeting.


I was excited for him and he told me that Caitlin and I should come along because he wants to introduce us to this Rommel guy.  And so I agreed.  Leave at 7am to meet old classmate at BGC at 8am.

Well, that night, Caitlin didn't let us sleep until 4am.  No need to go into detail, but that's pretty much what happened.  We woke up at about 9am already--so much for our original plan.  Well, Rommel didn't text yet anyway so I thought it was okay.  We left at about 10:15am already and headed to BGC.  Mon said Rommel was on his way.


I was starving by then and I was picturing a hearty breakfast meal.  That's the time Mon said, "Krispy Kreme daw."  Uh-oh.  I wasn't up for any sweets then; in fact, I did not want to eat any sweets that time.  I wanted eggs, chicken, sausages, rice--something like that.


And so we were walking already to Bonifacio High Street when he led me to the direction away from Krispy Kreme.  I knew he was up to something by then.  Well, turns out, it was a surprise breakfast meeting with me at Pancake House.  Aww.


Might sound too simple, but these are the reasons why the surprise made me extra happy that day:
  1. My husband has not surprised me in a loooong time.  I think the last one was on my birthday in 2007.
  2. He despises Pancake House.  0% chance--of all the many times I have asked him for us to eat there.
Well, I ordered my favorites: Pan-fried chicken and Best Taco in Town!  Definitely a hearty breakfast with my hubby and baby! :)


Too bad we weren't able to bring the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...