Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting Busy with My New JOB

I have been very busy lately with writing--obviously not in this blog, but for my new job.  Or should I say, "jobs".  I have gotten myself into oDesk for the past two weeks or so, and have landed on new jobs.
oDesk is a marketplace site for contractors and employers.  Usually short-term work, freelancers are best for the jobs posted by employers.  As a contractor, you must create your own profile, take some oDesk readiness tests (such as U.S. English skills tests, etc.), which will be posted on your profile for employers to see.  You can find jobs that suit you and your skills.  In my case, skills that I posted are more on writing and blogging.  You can either find jobs and apply, or employers themselves can find you and if they think you have the potential, they can ask for an interview from you directly.

It's amazing because in just a matter of days, I was able to land on a number of jobs already, and even got interviews.  I have been writing for 2 steady employers now about a variety of topics--from online dating to window tinting to menopause.  I've been learning a lot from it, and I'm actually enjoying it.  Besides, I get paid for it, too.  As a starter, I've already earned almost $20 in two weeks.  Of course that's still a bit small because I have not had the chance to write regularly yet.  I'm still mastering the art of writing in between Caitlin's baby naps.  But it will increase soon--hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...